Monday, November 28, 2011

Last week of Chemo!

Today was the begining of the end...of chemo-therapy for my husband. Wooooo hoooooo! At first we thought it would not happen because his white blood cells (wbc) were to low. But, they checked them again and they were good enough to move forward with the treatment. Yeah!!! If he wasn't going to be able to start his treatment today then we would have to wait til NEXT WEEK! Which is way to close to Christmas and would've fallen right on St. Nicholas Day too. (I promise I will post all about St. Nicholas Day later) Anyway, I am extremely grateful that we are getting this part of the cancer over with.

Now I am going to brag a little bit on the very reason I can call this blog "Snow" much fun-My sweet husband, my very own Snowman. He is kind and smart. Always willing to help others. He has an amazing singing voice. He has tremendous faith in Jesus Christ. This trial in our lives has pulled us together and made us stronger. It has changed us...for the better. My Snowman is a great leader of our family, church and community. He is a wonderful father. He has had such a good attitude through all of this. We have been so blessed to be supported by such amazing people all over the country. I probably won't share a lot of posts like this, but I couldn't help feeling overwhelming love for this amazing man as I watch his very pale, very bald self sleep peacefully on the couch. This will probably be a rather rough week. Chemo-weeks usually are. He has chemo everyday. So it will probably be a while before I get back on here to show how much fun the Snow's are having, but rest assured we will be laughing in the midst of it all!

Oh yea, Shout outs to Marissa Schroedter and Sarah W. Dickey for inspiring me to manage a blog!!
See, there he is smiling while having that poison pumping into his veins. It took 4 tries before the nurses could find a good vein. Ouch!

I am smiling too. Even though I am extremely tired. Everyone is SOOO nice at the Cancer Center it's hard not to smile. :D


2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you started a blog. I have great intentions to keep up with mine, too (ha ha).

    So glad you have hit the last week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya! How fun to read your blog!! Wow, you are a woman of steel, and Chad is amazing to be smiling in the midst of it all. You are both in our prayers still. Sending healthy love your way!!!!
    Colleen Johnson

    ReplyDelete